Community Music Center of Boston
Current Job Openings
General Music Teaching Artist Grades K-5
- Close Date
- 31 Oct 2019
Summary of Position:
The music educator selected for this position will provide a creative general music and movement program for Grade K-5 students in a Boston Public School. Class content will include singing, creative movement, rhythm instrument, recorder, tin whistle, bucket drumming and/or ukulele instruction, an introduction to the different families of instruments and music literacy, appreciation and performance opportunities.
The music educator selected for this position will be a strong educator and artist able to adapt the goals and curriculum of our program to best utilize their own skill specialties, as well as engage with and relate to the interests and abilities of their students. Applicants should possess a firm command of classroom management skills and the ability to work effectively and enthusiastically with diverse student populations in an inclusive manner.
Applicants with an interest/experience in creative youth development and social/emotional growth are especially encouraged to apply.
Start Date: October 2019 - June 30, 2020
Specific schedules: Wednesdays: 9:15 AM-12:30 PM; Full School Year
Reports to: Director of School Outreach Program
Works Closely With: Director of School Outreach, Partner School staff,
Chief Programming Officer
- Foster and leverage CMCB’s strong reputation as an extraordinary community music school to sustain current programming and to develop future opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Ensure the highest level of programs and services that meets the needs of the communities we serve.
- Be an active, knowledgeable and visible ambassador for CMCB in the community.
- Maintain personal teaching schedule consistently.
- Attend professional development workshops and department meetings as scheduled throughout the year.
- Attend a mid-year and year-end coaching conference with supervisor.
- Respond within 48 business hours to requests for information from supervisors.
- Submit monthly lesson plans and complete professional development related tasks.
- Actively demonstrate departmental protocols and practices; demonstrate engagement with annual instructional focus and organizational goal alignment.
- Design, document and execute weekly lesson plans that engage students with diverse, relevant and age-appropriate content in a creative manner.
- Provide challenging, accessible, and motivating repertoire via multiple teaching modalities to create a comprehensive, inclusive and student-centered classroom experience.
- Manage student behaviors consistently in a proactive manner that mirrors school protocols and professional best practices.
- Communicate and coordinate with teaching professionals in a way that builds productive professional relationships with both partner school staff and CMCB colleagues.
- Present at least two culminating performances annually.
- Undergraduate degree in Music, Performing Arts, Education or equivalent experience
- Experience working with the arts, children and education
- Experience teaching general music education in a classroom setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills and success working with children
- Commitment to cultural competency practices related to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Energetic, reliable, independent, and flexible work-style
- Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills & the ability to create positive workplace relationships
- Able to work collaboratively with supervisors, colleagues and school staff
- Must have a passion for both arts education & working with diverse student populations
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: https://cmcb.mytribehr.com/careers/view/96
Please direct to the cover letter to Marie Tai, Chief Operating Officer
Please no walk-ins, phone calls or emails.
Community Music Center of Boston is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer